12.12.09

Cleansed and Clear

So I am officially weening off of my 'cleanse' now. This means that I can slowly incorporate whole grains back into my diet, followed by beans, dairy, and starchy foods. I really don't have much desire to do so, though. During the last 2 weeks I have felt awesome. I have felt more mentally awake and stimulated during with my changed diet. I also feel like I have a good grasp of my body and overall self control.

Today, my grain of choice was consumed in the form of a beer with the company of Andy. Definitely a bit tipsy off that one beer, but I felt that I was deserving after a good amount of studying for a couple of exams that I had today. I was reminiscing on the past semesters when I would stress hard core about final exams. I don't know why I ever did - its not worth it. Of course I put forth a lot of effort this time around, but I went into the exam knowing that this test, although bound to determine my fate in the class between an 'A' and a 'B,' would not in anyway affect my future.

I do love studying physiology, but dang its nice not to have to worry about cellular mechanisms for trophic signaling anymore. Time to enjoy the weekend with some mountain biking in the beautiful tucson winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment