7.12.09

Veg'n Out

For those of you who don't know, I decided to start a 'cleanse' last Monday. This is a change in diet (and lifestyle) for 2 weeks (at least). You are probably wondering why in the heck have I chosen to do such a thing. I know that I do not have bad eating habits or live an unhealthy lifestyle. But I thought that it would be nice to start the 22nd year of my life off in the right direction. I also enjoy challenging myself and practicing self discipline.

My daily diet consists of:
Fruits
Vegetables
Eggs
Nuts (no peanuts)
1 serving of chicken or fish
2 "detox" drinks
LOTS of water

It has been challenging, mainly due to the situations that I chose to surround myself by this past weekend. Being at an art show which offered complementary snacks and drinks wherever I happened to look was difficult. I am usually the type of person to take advantage of such situations, but instead, I stuffed my mouth full of carrots and broccoli off of the vegetable platter and chugged water. Escaping these situations without giving into temptations provides a real sense of accomplishment (especially when being harassed all night by friends).

Time to chug a liter of water and hit the sac... and then probably wake up 2-3 times throughout the night to pee.

BA-outie



No comments:

Post a Comment