6.11.09

When I gwow up, I wanna be a astwonot

As I'm sure most young adults do, I often think of goals to accomplish in my lifetime. Yea, I want to be a doctor. Yea, I want to run the Boston marathon. Yea, I want to hike Mount Everest. I want to live a fulfilling life.

In one of my classes, I've started learning about all of the physiological changes that occur in your body when in a microgravity. Your bones lose density, your muscles atrophy, you feel at constant vertigo due to your whacked out vestibular system. As people in the class started talking about how terrible it would be to put your body in that type of environment, I was thinking, I want to be an astronaut. I've always been the kind of person to like physical challenges. Most people grow out of the 'I want to be an astronaut' phase of life. I am growing into it, and I'm not ashamed.

I've got my whole life to become a doctor. Why not do a little space travel first.

No comments:

Post a Comment