30.1.11

Familia safari... hakuna matata

My European adventures became intercontinental.  My sister and I went all the way to Tanzania to meet up with our mother and go on a 5 day safari.



We didn't see any rhino births, but we did see rhinos...


...along with pretty much every other animal that you would expect to spot in this region of the world.

Like, blue balled monkeys...

Zebra butts...

Not so wild wildabeasts...


Lions and lionesses...


Giraffes...

Leopards in trees...


Hungry, hungry hippos


Elephant herds...


Three legged baboons...


...just to name a few.

Plus, endless beauty.


Romping around the country and spotting animals was a great time, but not my favorite part of the trip.

Having friends in the country along with the nearby island paradise of Zanzibar really allowed us to truly get a taste of the beautiful culture.


We were greeted everywhere with huge smiles everywhere we went.


The long lasting theme throughout the country is "hakuna matata" ... "no worries, no problem"



I will gladly incorporate the easy going, eastern African ideals into my life.

BA-out



No comments:

Post a Comment