16.10.09

Complainers

If you know me, you should know that I do not enjoy complainers. I like people who are independent, and I enjoy the HTFU mentality. I have always lived my life by such beliefs. When I have a head ache, I don't take tylenol, when I skin my knee, I just scrub that shit in the shower. Relying on pain killers to manage the pain from my injury has beem mentally difficult for me. I feel a bit hopeless.

If you know me, you also know that I try to find a positive way of looking at everything in life. I am using my injury as a way of forcing myself to become better at using my left hand. My whole life, I have been SO right dominant. Being so right dominant, I feel that the left side of my brain that deals with logical and analytical issues has developed more than the right side which is the creative and less concrete side of the brain. My hope is that using more of the left side of my body will help the right side of my brain to develop, making me a more rounded person. I have always been aware that I was a true "left brainer," but had no way of forcing myself not to be.

Cheesy, I know. But its that way of thinking of things that makes me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment